Can you believe we’re almost done with the first month of 2020?! It’s still the beginning of the year, so there’s still lots of time to set goals and stay consistent in meeting them before the arrival of your baby. You have more motivation than most to stay healthy this year!
Setting realistic goals for health and self-improvement can be extremely rewarding and exhilarating, especially when considering that your life choices directly affect your baby. So how can you stay fit and healthy at the start of 2020?
Some possible New Year’s Resolutions for mamas this year:
This probably comes to no surprise, but eating a healthy and balanced diet is a wonderful resolution to implement if you haven’t already. A diet rich in whole foods – proteins, fruits, veggies, some dairy and legumes – will give you and your baby the proper nourishment in order to grow and develop.
The American Pregnancy Association has a wonderful article on a healthy diet during pregnancy for you to reference.
Eating whole foods and taking a prenatal multivitamin, such as healthy mama’s Be Well Rounded Prenatal vitamin + DHA Combo, will help you maintain weight and health during your pregnancy and help you meet those healthy goals!
There are many reasons to incorporate movement into your pregnancy. Contrary to popular thinking, exercise will give your body a boost of energy, strength, and stamina*. There are also many benefits!
- Reduces backaches, constipation, bloating, and swelling
- May help prevent/treat gestational diabetes
- Increases your energy
- Improves your mood
- Improves your posture
- Promotes muscle tone, strength, and endurance
- Improves sleep quality
Regular exercise will help keep you fit during your pregnancy and may also improve your ability to cope with labor! If that isn’t a good enough reason to lace up those gym shoes, I don’t know what is 🙂
The following are some recommended exercises for all you beautiful ladies:
- Ellipticals and stair climbers
- Group dance or aerobics classes
- Indoor cycling
- Prenatal yoga
Please be mindful of your body and your previous exercise experience and consistency. If you did not have a regular exercise routine before pregnancy, please do not overdo it now that you’re pregnant*
Lastly, to enhance your wellness and help you stay healthy in 2020, look to fuel your body with healthy mama’s Boost It Up! Protein + Energy Drink Mix! While staying caffeine-free, this protein and energy drink will help boost your energy and put some pep back in your step. This drink mix is sure to help you feel your best! Check it out:
- Optimize energy with B-Vitamins to eliminate being tired during pregnancy and nursing
- 7g Protein helps provide energy and can also help reduce morning sickness
- Reduce nausea with ginger, clinically proven to help reduce morning sickness
- Hydrate, reduce fluid retention and ease leg cramping with electrolytes (about same amount as Gatorade without artificial ingredients and sugar)
- 3g Fiber Supports digestive maintenance
- Low Calorie/Low Sugar: only 6g Organic Sugar and 70 calories per packet
We believe in you, mamas! We at healthy mama brand® know you’ve got what it takes to slay those goals and maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine during pregnancy. We are with you every step of the way!
*Please consult your physician and/or ob/gyn before implementing an exercise routine during pregnancy.